Monday, November 28, 2016

The Next New Thing

The Next New Thing

          As a proud Greek-American I always love staying connected with my heritage. I go to Greece every year and attend Greek events and interact with fellow Greek-Americans here in NY as well. 
          I would definitely create a social media platform that is for Greek people from Greece and Greeks living around the world. It would be a form of new media where people can meet fellow Greeks from the same areas of Greece or fellow Greeks who are living in their neighborhood or state around them. It would give people a chance to bond and possibly even meet up in Greece over the summer or throughout the year. There would be different pages, one for each city in Greece, that people can become members of. They can post status', comments, and even pictures of their adventures in that city. In addition, there would be a general page which everyone could be a member of and talk about anything they want. 
          I personally go to Greece every summer and I am constantly meeting other Greeks from around the world- even including people from New York that I didn't even know were from the same part of Greece as me. Last year I actually met one individual who was from the same neighborhood as me in NY and who knew so many mutual friends as me and we became really close. 
          This new media platform would serve as a great place where Greek people can meet, communicate, and become friends. This way people would always stay connected with their heritage and feel like they're apart of something big. 

3 comments:

  1. I like the idea of bringing together people from certain backgrounds together. If the platform had many different backgrounds to choose from I think it would be pretty cool. Users can choose the background they are part of or one that they want to learn about. That way diversity can still flourish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about getting people involved who are not from Greece, but that want to meet people from there to show them around when they travel. Sometimes we surround ourselves by people of similar background, leaving behind the opportunities to meet people from different places and therefore ignoring the vast diversity of NYC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The way of saying is very well written, I can give you hundred % credits for this, I had a same issue when I think about the "New Media," now I feel like I have found my friend. Keep me in touch, we will see you at school soon.

    Thanks,

    ReplyDelete